I was recently chatting with some bloggy mates about life.
More specifically, about how life seems a bit off kilter recently. About sleepless nights and feeling out of sorts.
It was at this point I was informed by my friend that, “Mercury is in retrograde”.
For a second I thought it might have something to do with a cool new musical mash-up of Queen and James Blake, but no – the planet Mercury was up to some funny-weird-not-funny-haha dance moves and we were the intended audience.
She then shared this post about ‘How to Survive Mercury in Retrograde’ from Gala Darling, which explains that all sorts of things can happen in those few weeks – crazy arguments about nothing in particular, being unable to communicate properly, electronic equipment being on the fritz, travel delays, details being missed. You name it, it happens.
Then, when I got to the part about exactly HOW to survive this cuckoo period, the light bulb flickered.
The suggestions weren’t just for Mercury’s moment. They formed a really good little list for surviving LIFE at ANY time of the year…
- Don’t take things so personally all the time.
- Back up your data.
- When making big ticket purchases, do your research and make sure it has a warranty.
- Read the small print on contracts.
- Finish projects you start.
- Get together with friends and laugh.
- Be across important information, such as travel details.
- Take things as they come. Learn from the shit times. Accept that it is what it is. Move on.
- Use what you’ve been through and what you’ve learned to drive you forward to the future you want.
It’s not rocket science. It’s not woo-woo. It’s just common sense.
Life can be a little (or a lot) crazy sometimes.
We’ve just got to remember to turn the music up and dance.
Have you had a rough time of it recently? How have you overcome it?
Link up your favourite post from the past week and then pop around to say hello to some of the other lovely linkers.
The Weekend Rewind blog hopping party starts every Friday night at 8pm AEST and links will close on Sunday night at midnight AEST.Link up here or over on Life, Love and Hiccups, Maxabella Loves or A Life Less Frantic and your link will show up on all of these blogs. Happy reading!