What Sonia Wore: The Hepburn Dress

I have a bit of a fashion tradition when it comes to Christmas.

Every year I treat myself to a new dress to wear on Christmas Day.

I have no idea when this started or why, but it makes me happy and it’s something I think I’ll do for the rest of my life.

This year? I think I may have already found my winner…

The Hepburn lace dress from Feather & Noise is the perfect choice, featuring embroidered bust panelling and detailing around the hem, ribbon waist and a gold zip back closure. It offers versatility while remaining cool and breathable with the dress made from 100% cotton and the lining made from 100% silk. It can easily be dressed down with sandals or dressed up, as I’ve done here with a fab pair of heels.

My heels of choice are the Canny by Top End from Styletread. This multi-tonal leather sandal style with a stacked heel will be the super chic go-to shoe this summer.

And just as a Christmas tree needs a star as its finishing touch, I’ve adorned myself with some beautiful rose gold and marble jewels from Blush & Co.

Merry Christmas to me!

What Sonia Wore: The Hepburn Dress

What Sonia Wore: The Hepburn Dress | soniastyling.com

What Sonia Wore: The Hepburn Dress | soniastyling.com

What Sonia Wore: The Hepburn Dress | soniastyling.com

What Sonia Wore: The Hepburn Dress | soniastyling.com

What Sonia Wore: The Hepburn Dress | soniastyling.com

Shop with Sonia…
Dress: Feather & Noise ‘Hepburn’ Dress (in White)* $119
Necklace: Blush & Co ‘Marble on Blush – Statement’ Necklace* $69
Earrings: Blush & Co ‘Marble on Blush’ Earrings* $39
Heels: Top End ‘Canny’ Heels (in Tan/Black) from Styletread*^ $169.95

Style Notes:
Dress: I’m wearing a size 10 (though could have easily sized down to an 8)
Heels: I’m wearing a size 37

Have you worked out what you’re wearing for Christmas Day yet?

Do you treat yourself to a new outfit for Christmas or NYE?

* Items provided to me for my editorial consideration in accordance with my Disclosure policy
^ Affiliate link (if you click to buy the item, I earn a little commission but you don’t pay any extra)

Comments

• Sonia says

Oh that’s a lovely dress – shame about the fit. Perhaps give the F&N option a go? And yes, the Napi-San will be at the ready, haha!

1. Caitlin | Twist of Cait says

So beautiful, I also self gift myself a new Christmas day dress, its my favourite time of year and think it deserves something special hehe

2. Not Even says

Let me guess – Feather & Noise sponsored you a previous post so now you’re keeping up?

Ugh.

The keeping-up-with-the-Jones’-sponsored posts are so goddamn obvious.

A little real world posts would not go astray. Please.

• Sonia says

You mustn’t be a regular reader, Not Even, because you would know that every sponsored post is clearly marked as such. Every single item I am gifted (ie: not paid to wear, but I want to wear) and choose to feature on the blog is also clearly marked as such and so is every single affiliate link I use. I’m fortunate to be given clothes from time to time as it helps me create content for the blog and in turn helps support and promote Australian businesses.

• says

Sonia runs a fashion blog. Fashion blogs will show you clothes that are for sale in shops. You can go there and pay for those clothes with money.

If Sonia was to go to the shops and pay for all the clothes she shows us with her own money, she would be very poor. And if she was to show us only clothes she bought herself, her fashion blog would be boring as batshit.

So labels give their clothes to Sonia to see if she likes them, and she writes about the ones she does. Then we look at them, and decide if they’re right for us.

That’s how fashion blogging works.

If you would like Sonia to be totally impartial perhaps you’d like to start paying her for her time and effort?

3. Rachel says

Snap!! I’m a new dress for Christmas girl too. It’s a lovely way to spoil yourself and usually I can wear it to a few other summer events also. Today I’m wearing a Christmas dress from 2 Christmas’ ago and I always think of them as my special Christmas dresses. You look amazing in this one. I LOVE a dress with pockets!!

4. Carmel king says

Great minds… I do exactly the same thing and I have no idea when it started either, just love wearing a frock Christmas Day! I have also started stalking online for my “Christmas dress” that’s half the fun! My other quirky traction is my two boys have to wear a button up shirt Christmas Day, no t shirts for just one day!!

5. says

Gorgeous! It’s so simple yet beautiful. Love the detailing on the chest and tummy area! I always buy a new dress for Christmas every year! I actually posted my pick of the bunch on the blog today, ha! Great minds.

6. Mel says

Loved this dress on you so much that I just bought it in black as my Christmas dress! Do you wear a nude strapless bra with it? Just working out the undergarment situation. 😉

• Sonia says

Good work! I would try on both a nude and a black strapless bra and see which you prefer the look of. If I’m guessing, I think black might be the way to go.

7. Suzie says

Gorgeous girl in a gorgeous dress. I always buy Christmas dresses for my little nieces to wear on the day and usually get myself a couple of outfits to wear to the various Xmas celebrations throughout the month. Tis the season to be jolly after all! Love your blog and the clothes you show us!

8. ruth says

Hi Sonia!
    I am considering buying this dress, but I’m worried it won’t fit across my bust nicely. I’m a D cup, and the model (the second outdoor model side shot) looks strange across the top. What are your thoughts? How roomy is the top area? Would love some insight thanks, Ruth

• Sonia says

Hi Ruth! I’m a 10DD and found the size 10 to be quite roomy. I would have felt much more comfortable in a size 8 as, despite my cup size, I have quite a narrow back (especially when wearing a dress without a bra). Hope that helps!