Are you on Facebook?
If you are, you would have noticed a little highlight reel of this past year of your life.
I had a little peek at mine and as I scrolled down through each event, I felt like I was on a rollercoaster. There were some incredible highs, some very sad lows and one funny in-between event…
- Finding out that Chris’ parents and uncle and aunt had booked our honeymoon for us – we were off to Paris, Italy and Dubai! I was happy to spend a week in Byron Bay (which is where we were initially going to go), but this was a pretty good alternative…!
- My hen’s party. The day started with a very elegant high tea and ended with a not so elegant dance off! And plenty of cocktails.
- Our wedding day. Hands down the best day of our lives.
- Our honeymoon. It was the first time to Europe for the both of us and we had the most incredible time. I think about our trip so often and every memory brings a smile to my face.
- Renovation progress. We’ve been renovating our home for over 2 years now. The progress we have made this year has been monumental – we went from having no kitchen, bathroom or laundry for 10 months to having an extension that includes a walk-in-wardrobe, ensuite, main bathroom, laundry and open plan kitchen, dining and lounge. We’ve also got a pool nearing completion. It’s been a long, hard slog but we’re finally starting to get somewhere.
- Adding to our family. Our puppy, Amalfi has been a little furry ray of sunshine in our lives and we are so glad he’s become part of our family. To know him is to love him. Actually, you’ve seen enough photos to probably already love him!
- Hitting my 7 year anniversary at work. They took a chance on a bumbling, nervous and overwhelmed 22 year old and still let me rock up each and every day!
- Spending quality time with friends. In particular, 2 very dear friends who live in Queensland. They are like family to us and whenever we’re all together, we have such fun. Even if we’re doing nothing at all.
- Having my grandma come to stay. I don’t have any contact with my family due to a long, drawn out, hurtful saga but my grandma has remained the most special person in my life. I was overjoyed for her to see our home and meet Amalfi (who she quickly claimed was her “little boy”). A wonderful weekend.
- Losing our cat to cancer. Jedi Bok Choi was 13 years old and famous in our group of friends. Some of his achievements included eating a sponge covered in tuna, opening the fridge and eating all of the leftover chicken tikka masala and hiding in the couch so as to swipe you when you sat down. No one ever saw the paw coming. Rest in peace, JBC.
- Amalfi’s health scare. Not even 2 weeks after bringing him home, this tiny puppy dog managed to eat something he wasn’t supposed to and wound up at the Adelaide Animal Emergency Centre having his stomach pumped. Lucky for us he pulled through like the little fighter he is. Needless to say, if you come to our house, you better not drop food on the ground…otherwise the next vet bill is yours…!
- My hair! I cut off half my hair in the middle of the year and that managed to make my top 20 moments. Good one, Facebook!
Wow, when I look back at all of that it really was a massive year.
Mostly highs which makes me feel incredibly blessed and fortunate to have the life and the love that I do.
Here’s to a bigger, brighter, better 2014!
What events made your top 20 moments on Facebook?